Getting help from a competent person enables you to meet the requirements of Health and Safety law. We can facilitate health and safety management across your business, putting things in place to control risks, checking and maintaining controls. We advise on specific risks in your work place and what practical action needs to be taken.
Health surveillance allows for early identification of ill health and helps identify any corrective action needed.
Health surveillance may be required by law if your employees are exposed to noise or vibration, solvents, fumes, dusts, biological agents and other substances hazardous to health, or work in compressed air
Occupational Health is important for the following reasons:
• Detecting ill-health effects at an early stage, so employers can introduce better controls to prevent them getting worse.
• Providing data to help employers evaluate health risks.
• Enabling employees to raise concerns about how work affects their health.
• Highlighting lapses in workplace control measures, therefore providing invaluable feedback to the risk assessment.
• Providing an opportunity to reinforce training and education of employees (e.g. on the impact of health effects and the use of protective equipment).
Activities to monitor health where the effects from work are strongly suspected but cannot be established
• Workplace wellbeing checks, such as promoting healthy living.
• Fitness to work examinations e.g., operate cranes, forklift trucks or health assessments requested by night employees.
We work with a number of organisations that can assist to improving the health of staff through breathing exercises, Pilates, yoga, etc..
We can assist in the following services:
• OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
• ISO 9000 Quality Management
• ISO 14000 Environmental Management
Industry Specific Needs, such as:
• Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
All projects must have:
• Workers with the right skills, knowledge, training and experience.
•Contractors providing appropriate supervision, instruction and information.
• A written construction phase plan.