PERSONAL DATA – PRIVACY NOTICE
This document explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper,
electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner.
The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Ablemarsh Safety Consultants
Weatherill House Business Centre 23 Whitestone Way, Croydon CR0 4WF Telephone: 07904 389 090
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Michael Pereira
We adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
How we collect information from you and what information is collected
We collect information about you:
- From the work we carry out as per your instructions
We collect the following information about you:
- Name, e-mail address, telephone number, business address
- All other information does not relate to the person
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our suppliers which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merge with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to me/ us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK
Files are saved to our Cloud Based storage facility through Dropbox
Storage servers are located in data centres across the United States, Germany, Australia, and Japan
When you give us information, we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe:
All files stored online in the Cloud, these are encrypted and kept in secure storage servers
All paper based files are stored securely where access is limited to those associated with Ablemarsh Safety Consultants Limited
Data hold on the phone is Passcode protected in the event the phone is lost All devices used are Passcode protected
How long we will keep your information
We review my data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract I have with you. We will hold all data for 10 years
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by me/ us in my records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at the contact details at the top of the document, under the heading – Who are we?
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to my/ our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to me – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.